Depression and low mood are common, those suffering from depression can become detached from other people withdrawing into a world of their own.
Depressed people can feel in despair and that they are worthless. The symptoms of depression include:
- trouble sleeping or sleeping to much
- low motivation to do things
- lack of appetite or over eating
- feel tired and have little energy
- agitation and fidgety
- find it hard to concentrate
- feel like a failure and/or having let people down
- thoughts of hurting self or that they would be better of dead.
Depression can be caused by a variety of triggers, it can be caused as a reaction to an event, loss, failure. It can also be caused by excessive drug or alcohol use, social withdrawal and childbirth.
Depression can feel all consuming, it can also be mixed with anxiety and panic attacks, making life feel unbearable.